Sunday, June 8, 2014

Reflections of HOPE: Respect

Rule number one in regards to respect, PUT DOWN THE PHONE, TURN OFF THE TV, LOOK THE OTHER PERSON IN THE EYE, and HAVE CONVERSATION. 

Rule number two:  See rule number one.  

Picture this, you child comes in the door so excited to tell you about his/her day at school.  You are cutting carrots in the kitchen.  What do you do, say hi hun how was your day? (while still cutting carrots) or do you put down everything and listen to how there day was?

I am being honest here, I always multitasked, until I realized I am not giving my 100% to my child.  

Picture this one as well, your husband/wife comes home from work and you are on the computer.  You barely look up to say hello.  Put all electronics down, turn off the football game and have conversation.  

My challenge to you this week is to try to do this.  I would love to hear feedback and see how you all did.  But remember, respect will start the other person on a positive day.  Try to change the world with me.  It is easy it starts with you!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment